A large part of the art objects brought by Romania for the New York World’s Fair (1939-1940), are today at the Romanian Orthodox Cathedral „Saint Mary” in Cleveland, Ohio?
Inaugurated on April 30, 1939, the fair took place at Flushing Meadows and the general commissioner of the Romanian pavilion was academician Dimitrie Gusti. Romania presented two buildings: the Romanian Pavilion (architect G.M. Cantacuzino) and the Romanian House (architect Octav Doicescu). The artistic section consisted of paintings by Nicolae Grigorescu, Ion Andreescu, Theodor Pallady, Gheorghe Petrașcu, sculptures by Cornel Medrea, Oscar Han, Mihai Onofrei, Mac Constantinescu, Milița Petrașcu, Ion Jalea.